Wednesday, January 18, 2012

My list of best and worst dressed stars at GG 2012

Did you watch the Golden Globe 2012 awards on Sunday? I was working my ass off on the treadmill at the gym (with the illusion that I may someday look perfect like one of those beautiful stars on the big screen...fat hope, pun intended) and this was on. I don't really care about who wins what award, I am more interested in what the stars wear! Check out this list of best and worst dressed stars on NYDailyNews.com. Unless otherwise stated, all the pictures in this posting were taken from the site.

Best dressed
Charlize Theron dazzles in this dress! The camera panned across the room and I caught a glimpse of her in the soft pink dress and thought she looked fabulous. For a minute, I was toying with the idea of looking for a dress in this color to wear to my sister's church ceremony in 2 weeks. Also love the sparkly headband, I have a similar one that I bought from Asos. I'll ask the stylist if she could make me look like Charlize Theron. LOL!

Charlize Theron in Dior 

Nude dresses trump!
I've certainly noticed nude/nud-ish dresses are all over the red carpet on Sunday. And I think they are lovely! Well, most of them anyways. Jessica Biel's covered up lacy dress was dreadful!

Diane Lane in Reem Acra. Can you believe she's 46?

Shaileen Woodley in Marchesa

Jessica Alba making a spectacular
post-baby appearance in Gucci

Nicole Kidman in Versace

Nude fashion faceoff!
(Source: E! Online)
One of a woman's worst fear, showing up for a party to find another girl dressed in the same dress! This is the same dress, but a different party. Julie Bowen looks gorgeous in the nude dress, I love the beaded cap sleeve. Who wore it better? I have to say Olivia Wilde looked better in the off-white version.

Julie Bowen (Golden Globe '12) and Olivia Wilde (Emmy's 2008)


Classic black
Black will always be in style. I think these stars wore it best! 

Selma Hayek in Gucci

Mila Kunis in Christian Dior

Claire Danes in J. Mendel

I included Sofia Vergara in this category too. Well, dark blue is kinda black-ish. I have never thought of her as attractive or hot, I've seen photos of her where I thought she looked mannish. But she sizzles in this dress and looks gorgeous here!
Sofia Vergara in Vera Wang. HOT!

Helen Mirren in Badgley Mischka. 

Worst dressed
I don't know why fashion critics are saying Michelle Williams is one of the best dressed. I think she looks dreadful in this purplish velvety gown. I like Jason Wu (I'm going gaga over his soon-to-be-launched Target collection) but this is just blah. 

Michelle Williams in Jason Wu

Lea Michele in Marchesa

Amanda Peet in Marc Jacobs.
The tiered lace makes her look frumpy. 

Madonna in Reem Acra

Kelly Osbourne in Zac Posen.

Naya Rivera in Vera Wang.
The fabric is cheap looking!

Best of show
This cute Jack Russell, Uggie, stole the show!

Looking smart in a black bow tie ;)

One last thing...
By  the way, did anyone think Matt LeBlanc has a lot of gray hair?
Source: Hollywood Reporter

No comments:

Post a Comment