Thursday, March 8, 2012

Recipe: Paleo Spaghetti

I've never cooked spaghetti squash before. But I now know that this is a great substitute for spaghetti. I cooked the spaghetti squash with cherry tomatoes and basil pesto. I did all the cooking on Tuesday night and saved the pasta in a glass container. The sea scallops were already marinated (I ate them with strawberry argula salad on Tuesday). So yesterday night, after we were done with Crossfit class, we just heat up the pasta in the microwave oven and pan-seared the scallops, and we had a delicious dinner. I was worried Matt wouldn't like it but he thought it was very yummy. And the best part is, it's good for us.

My Paleo dinner :)

I didn't take any photos of the process of making it, but found some good pictures on Steamy Kitchen that I'm going to share here. It's so easy! The recipe calls for it to be baked for an hour, I was too lazy to do that so I stuck it in the microwave oven for 6 minutes. 
Cut the squash into half. Remove the seeds and scrape away the stringy stuff in the squash. 

Put each half in the microwave oven for 6 minutes. When it's ready, use a fork to scrape the stringy bits.

See? Looks just like spaghetti but it's actually good for you!

Next time, I'll try to bake it instead of microwaving it to see if it tastes better. And I'll just cook it with garlic, olive oil and top it with cut chilli or serrano pepper. 

No comments:

Post a Comment